* Introduction -
B.Des. Fashion Design or Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design is an undergraduate Fashion and Interior Design 4Yr full time course. Fashion design is the art of applying design, aesthetics and natural beauty to clothing and its accessories.
B.Des. (Fashion Design) is the study of creating original designs which involve converting artistic talent and creativity in creating products like clothing, textiles, jewellery, footwear and other accessories.
B.Des. (Fashion Design) degree course is a highly-crafted learning method to promote experimental, research, historical, theoretical and critical approaches to the creation of the design. The students will receive active training through a range of activities, with a pillar of a highly remarkable and active group of teachers who are active professional designers and supported by guest speakers and educational visits to places of artistic characteristics.
It also includes a detailed study of the market trends and the related fashion.
Fashion Design course prepares students for Couture – Ready to Wear Design for Men, women and Kids. Students learn draping, Sewing Techniques, Design from Concept to End Product using Hand rendering to Computer Aided Design. Students are equipped with computer skills at Design and Production level.
* Affilation -
Jeevan Rekha Pratisthan’s Mahila BCA Mahavidylaya,Latur is affiliated to SNDT Women's University, Mumbai, a Government University, also the first university for women in India & South East Asia.
The university is committed to the cause of women's empowerment through access to higher education. A gamut of relevant courses in formal and informal streams provides a wide range of professional and vocational training for women to cater ever changing socio - economic needs.
This is the first university of Maharashtra to offer the degree of B.Design in Fashion Technology.
In 1951 the university acquired statutory recognition from the Government of Maharashtra. This recognition came along with the rare privilege of jurisdiction across the country. The University has three campuses one in Pune, one each at Chruchgate and Juhu in Mumbai. The University has more than 200 affiliated colleges in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Goa and Uttar Pradesh.
* Eligibility Criteria -
* Eligibility Criteria For The 1st Year – B. Design -
1) XII th Pass in any Stream – Arts/Commerce/Science/Home Science/ Minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC) including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
2) Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)/ State Govt. Technical Education full time diploma of minimum 3 years after Std. X ( any stream)
3) For NRI & Foreign students with equivalence from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
* Eligibility Criteria For The 2nd Year – B. Design -
1) Three year Diploma, Dress making and Garment Manufacturing or Equivalent recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with Bridge course of 8 credits with additional Fees
2) Five year Diploma in Fine Arts recognized by the State Technical Board with Bridge course of 8 credits
3) Successful completion of 1st year Degree from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
4) Successful completion of 1st year Degree of any B Design Fashion Or Equivalent Course offered by Indian Universities / Foreign university with equivalence from AIU
* Note -
1) Reservation policy shall be applicable for Admissions as per State Government of Maharashtra for SC/ST/NT/SBC candidates but scholarship and free ship shall be applicable only for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category students from Maharashtra
2) College reserves the right to make necessary changes in the Fee Structure assuring that the raise shall not increase more than 10% of the total Fees
* Job Opportunities -
After completion of this curriculum, a dress designer gets opportunities to work in following various fashions designing organization:
1) Colleges & Universities
3) Garment Store Chains
4) Media Houses
5) Quality Control Boards
6) Several Export Houses
7) Fashion Show Organizers
8) Jewellery Houses
9) Textile Mills
10) Leather Companies etc.
* Fashion Design Job Types -
1) Retail Manager
2) Assistant Designer
5) Fashion Co-Ordinator
6) Production Manager
7) Accessory Designer
9) Fashion Choreographer
10) Pattern Cutter and Grader
11) Quality Controller
12) Fashion Stylist
* Exam Pattern -
* Evaluation Pattern For SNDT Women’s University -
1) The evaluation pattern for SNDT Women’s university is based on the credits allotted to the subject
2) For first 4 semesters the evaluation is conducted on college level and next four semesters it is conducted on university level. The evaluation includes Internal and external marking
3) For College level subjects, the evaluation Pattern is Practical – Continuous Evaluation and theory – 25 marks internal (Class assignments, Class test) and 75 marks external exam. For university level subjects, the evaluation Pattern is theory and Practical – 25 marks internal (Class assignments, Class test) and 75 marks external exam
4) Separate passing is required for internal and external exams
5) An ATKT (Allowed to keep terms) criterion is 40% on total Heads